Photodynamic diagnostics as a surgical technique in endourology for the early detection of non-muscle invasive bladder carcinoma (NMIBC) has been in widespread use for many years in order to reduce the risk of progression and relapses in NMIBC.
In developing System blue, a refined PDD system that has been thought out down to the finest detail, Richard Wolf is setting a new benchmark in the detection of bladder carcinoma with Hexvix®. System components optimally harmonized with the photo sensitizer achieve a significantly improved tumor fluorescence and can therefore increase the detection rate.
As part of a conventional cystoscopy, early stage bladder carcinomas can easily be overlooked due to their flat growth or their small circumference.
In bluePDD mode, tumorous tissue is displayed in fluorescent red. The rest of the bladder wall appears bright and highly-contrasted, and this permits an outstanding overview.
In blue PDD Color Contrast mode, the tumor fluoresces in vivid magenta.
A comparison between absorption spectra xenon technology and ENDOLIGHT LED blue shows that the emission band of the ENDOLIGHT LED blue LED light source is optimally harmonized with the primary absorption band of Hexvix® (PPIX). The result is a much stronger tumor fluorescence.
- Brilliant 4K resolution with either 3840 x 2160 pixels or 4096 x 2160 pixels
- Compatible with all application parts and camera heads of ENDOCAM Logic HD
- "Special Imaging Modes" (SIM) included for differentiated visualization
- Extremely easy to use thanks to the pre-programming of clinically-devised presets for various disciplines
- Your own settings can be saved without any effort at all
- High-resolution images and videos saved on USB storage media
- Compatible with core nova integration
- Autoclavable, highly-flexible light cable - unique for fluorescence applications
- Optimized fiber design for improved transmission
- Also suitable for use in white light endoscopy