The morcellation of 16 g of adenoma tissue per minute isn’t a problem for the PIRANHA Enucleation System—an ideal combination of laser resectoscope, offset morce scope and tissue morcellator. It efficiently removes enucleated tissue after a complete laser transurethral resection of the prostate (TUR-P). The system operates intuitively and efficiently, providing laser enucleation and morcellation without changing the sheath during a procedure. It is also easy to change to a compatible monopolar or bipolar working element for a secondary resection.
PIRANHA Blade Vmax
The PIRANHA Enucleation System is complemented with PIRANHA Blade Vmax, the single-use rotation morcellator, which yields significantly faster and more efficient morcellation. The rotation morcellator is an essential component for effective laser enucleation.
- Cutting-blade geometry for sharper cutting characteristics.
- No irritating “ping-pong” effect created by small tissue chips.
- Disposable, packed sterile.
The advantages at a glance.
- Simple SNAP-ON click mechanism for sheath system and guide tube
- High irrigation capacity and selective irrigation flow control through SHARK tip geometry
- Two variants on continuous irrigation sheath systems: 22/24 Fr. or 24/26 Fr.
- 24/26 Fr. sheath system in addition available with robust stainless steel tip for blunt enucleation
- Working element or working insert for laser fibers up to 1000 µm
- Laser fibers can be fixed in place with a clamp screw
SHARK resectoscope 24/26 Fr. with either active or passive working element and bipolar enucleation electrode
The advantages of Bipolar enucleation electrode and SHARK at a glance.
- Small electrode head for precise work
- Distal wedge-shaped electrode head allows blunt, mechanical enucleation
- Proximal supply line wires with high mechanical stability
- Donut-shaped electrode surface for effective vaporization and coagulation
- Atraumatic ceramic tip of the SHARK inner sheath
- High torque for maximum cutting force
- Controlled suctioning of tissue sections
- Separate collection container for collecting the tissue sections
- Histological examination of the morcellated tissue is possible with no problems
- Footswitch for easy changeover between the operating modes "PIRANHA Mode" (suction and morcellation) and "Suction Mode" (suctioning of blood clots or the most minute tissue chips)
- High-speed morcellation through a specially developed cutting tooth geometry
- Thanks to a larger suction window there is no ping-pong effect
- Optimal visualization of the cutting window
- More safety through the atraumatic morcellator tip
- Available as a disposable product and a reuseable product