The next generation of rigid bronchoscopes
The rigid "TEXAS" bronchoscope was developed in close collaboration with Dr. Garrett Walsh* for diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy. The fully integratable telescope that can be combined with 6 different bronchoscope tubes, ensures optimal visibility and flexibility. The largest possible working channel design allows easy, synchronous or separate introduction of various forceps and instruments.
Thus the TEXAS bronchoscope system is ideally-suited for a wide range of applications, such as biopsy, tumor resection, foreign body removal, stent placement, and extraction.
Thanks to the integrated telescope, intubation of the rigid tube is performed under constant view and thus the procedure is significantly facilitated. When using auxiliary instruments, the telescope is well protected against mechanical influences through the separate telescope channel.
*Dr. Garrett Walsh, Professor of Surgery, Dept. of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
The advantages at a glance
- Optimal view through the telescope integrated in the bronchoscope tube
360° all-round view through the fenestrated beak-shaped sheath tip at the distal end of the bronchoscope tube
- Intubation is significantly facilitated with the permanent view
- The integrated irrigation channel means that the distal lens of the telescope can be irrigated during an operation if it becomes contaminated by secretion or blood
- The entire inner lumen is free of obstructions because the telescope with the integrated light cable is positioned in a separate recess (large working channel)
- Compatible with all forceps intended for this purpose and for combined application (rigid and flexible work) with the flexible bronchoscope
- Ideally suited for interventional applications, such as placement of bronchial stents
- Easy changeover between different bronchoscope tubes
Subject to modifications. Please note that some products may not be available in all countries. Please always take note of the information that is provided with the product. For more detailed information, please consult with your contact partner or directly with Richard Wolf GmbH.