BioactIF OSTEOTRANS is the name for the new generation of bioactive and bioresorbable interference screws from Richard Wolf. The unique Osteotrans composite material made of Poly-L-Lactide (PLLA) and unsintered Hydroxylapatite (uHA) demonstrates an osteoconductive effect in bones. Trabecular structures grow into the surface of the implant from the surrounding bone within a short time frame.
The distribution of uHA particles generated uniformly by a special manufacturing process also creates a permanent buffer of the lactic acid produced in the course of degradation of the PLLA components and hence prevents inflammatory reactions in bones and tissue, as well as encapsulation of the implant.
The mechanical characteristics generated in the course of the special manufacturing method for the material are comparable with the properties of the surrounding bone. The transfer of forces from the surrounding bone to the implant is thereby ensured. This is a key prerequisite for activating the osteoblasts. Complete bone reconstruction can hence be achieved for this area. The implant can easily be seen in X-ray visualization.
The new, universal BK-series has a distally more aggressive thread shape and therefore exhibits exceptional incision behavior and optimal screwing characteristics.
The expanded range of sizes now offers an implant of optimum length and diameter to suit any tibial and femoral fixation requirements for the reconstruction of front and rear cruciate ligaments. In addition, the 6 mm version can also be used for other ligament replacements, including MPFL reconstructions.
- Distally more aggressive thread
- Distally conical shape
- Expanded size range
The OK-series is particularly suitable for the fixation of BT and BTB transplants, during both initial treatment and revision operations. Due to the blunt thread, designed to protect the transplant, we recommend the use of a thread cutter.
- Transplant-protecting thread
- Ideal solution for BT and BTB transplants
- Extensive range
- Direct connection with the bone, osteoconductive effective
- Optimum physiological properties thanks to composite material made of Poly-L-Lactide (PLLA) and unsintered Hydroxylapatite (uHA)
- Acid buffering to prevent rejection reactions
- No osteolysis
- Long-term bioresorption
- Bone formation through remodeling process
Osteoconductivity & osteobinding
- Bone grows into the surface of the implant
- Physiological environment by buffering the acid pH value of the accumulated lactic acid by uHA particles
- No encapsulation
Hydrolysis (PLLA) & osteoclasts (HA)
- Homogenous degradation of PLLA particles thanks to semi-crystalline structure
- Osteoclastic degradation of uHA particles
- Implant has similar mechanical properties to the surrounding bone
- Force transfer
- Bone growth
Subject to modifications. Please note that some products may not be available in all countries. Please always take note of the information that is provided with the product. For more detailed information, please consult with your contact partner or directly with Richard Wolf GmbH.