Over the past years advanced surgical techniques for minimally-invasive gastric and esophageal surgery were developed. New surgical strategies and technological innovations brought the upper-GI cancer surgery to the highest level.
In Mainz the fully minimally-invasive esophageal surgery is the standard procedure beside robotic procedures as well as minimally invasive gastric cancer surgery.
In this Masterclass Workshop we would like to show essential technical steps in minimally-invasive upper GI surgery.
We hope to welcome you soon.
You can watch the Masterclass Workshop via Livestream for free. Register here if you want to join the Masterclass online.
There are only a few seats available!
You can register until November 21st.
The Masterclass Workshop is certified with 18 CME Points of the Regional Medical Association
8:30 am: Presentation Session 1
- Welcome - P. Grimminger
- Techniques in gastric cancer surgery - resection margin – F. Berlth
- MIG vs. open upper GI surgery & future perspecitves – H. Fuchs
- Endoscopic complication management for the upper GI – S.-H. Chon
9:45 am: Break
10:15 am: Presentation Session 2
- Essential steps in lymphadenectomy during MIE – S. Gisbertz
- Mainz Technique of MIE – P. Grimminger
- Recommendations after 20 years of MIE – E. Cheong
11:30 am: Discussion
12:00 pm: Lunch
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm: Wet-Lab Course
- Lab training in groups – Hands-on Instructors: E. Cheong, S. Gisbertz, F. Berlth, H. Fuchs
9:00 am - 2:00 pm: Live Surgery – minimally invasive esophagectomy (MIE) – P. Grimminger
Moderation: E. Cheong, S. Gisbertz
Semi-Live Surgery – minimally invasive gastrectomy (MIG) – F. Berlth
11:00 am: Break & Food
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm: Discussion, Coffee and Wrap-Up
Prof. Dr. med. Peter Philipp Grimminger
Senior Consultant and Head of Upper GI Surgery, Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, University Medical Center Mainz
Prof. Dr. med. Hauke Lang
President of the "Deutsche Gesellschaft für Chirurgie",
Chairman of the Department of General, Visceral- and Transplant Surgery
University of Mainz